Tuesday, June 12, 2018

June Weekend...................

Now Gerry is officially retired, oh the plans I have haha..........first off, getting him back into walking, and then hiking. I really don't know how we stopped doing that, we used to try all the trails in the books. I suppose we stopped when we got Tristen, but when he was old enough we would take him on long walks, just not like we used to. Then it just stopped. He has no hobbies. I can help with that too. I like to make things like wind chimes but I don't like the drillinge, the nois. He can do that and also he can practice bottle cutting but that is another subject.
 photo 20180610_135807_zpsodjo6b9h.jpg
We are totally the opposite when it comes to temperatures. This Sunday to me was warm and pleasant, he was cold.
I wanted to go to the Iris Farm on 72 he stayed in the car. For some reason he does not mind doing that. Boring............ I got out to take pictures. The amount of variety is amazing.I do not buy there because you have to wait for the Iris. I want what I want and want it now. So I buy at garden centers. I may look at catalogues next Winter though. My friend Kylie has some lovely Iris and got hers through the catalogues.
 photo 104_0043_zpsml1nxdfa.jpg
 photo Iris4_zpslml7rqt7.jpg
 photo iris_zpsqxyehd2n.jpg
 photo Iris 3_zps7q5hoycb.jpg
 photo Iris 2_zpstp6u0hnj.jpg
After that I wanted (always I want, he has no opinion so excuse me for being selfish. I would love it if he had opinions but maybe this is for the best) I was not feeling so good. I had a horrible headache and resorted to Tylenol and Aspirin when it didn't quit. I seldom do that, it was his idea he never waits to take something if he has a headache. I prefer to get rid of it naturally. Anyway what I was saying was, I wanted to go for a walk on Empire beach over towards the Bluffs, I can't remember walking that way before. On the way we passed several people on horseback.
 photo 20180610_132527a_zpsgyql4hut.jpg
There were no bugs this day, Woo hoo and a nice breeze. I walked a ways and then looked back. No Gerry, he was already sitting down. He needs a pair of beach shoes and a light jacket to keep in the car. That will solve a couple of problems. I gave him my new camera to use in hopes of him showing some interest, you never know. Maybe you will see some pictures of me now and then haha.
 photo 104_0056_zpscctpe9vz.jpg
 photo 104_0053_zpsoiuqiun9.jpg
I collected a few stones, one was a heart shape almost with a hole in it just in the right place for a hook for a chain. Nice find. I found 3 small pieces of sea glass. (lake glass?)......... someday I hope to use all I have found on a window or something like that for outside.
No that's not us on the lake look how calm it is. If only I could swim.
 photo 104_0048_zpshuapl6zi.jpg
There were people on the beach this day, but I have found that families in particular do not walk, they park right at the entrance to the beach and stay there. Love it. They don't want to lug supplies or little kids for any distance. Did we do that when we had kids? Nope I don't think so. In fact all we took was our water and towels and everyone carried their own mainly. Ah well, fine by me. I like my beaches empty.
 photo IMG_0008_zpskrpi6fl2.jpg
 photo 104_0065_zpsvry291d5.jpg
We did not stay long, I was just feeling out of sorts. We went back through Glen Arbor
 photo 20180610_141408_zpsoq5pirkv.jpg
I wanted to stop at Wildflowers. I got a plant for Alex and some ornamental mushrooms. Got to stop spending. Wildflowers just opened for the season and did not seem as well stocked as it usually does but is always worth a stop. Probably lucky for me it did not have the wide range it usually does. That was just the first weekend it has been open and they seem to have rearranged stuff inside and changed a bit different stuff.
 photo 20180610_142833_zpsdvecx3fm.jpg
 photo 20180610_142108_zps2yky242d.jpg
We saw no animals. Ah well.......went home and ate and felt better. I put my mushrooms in the garden. I think I want more (of course I do haha) I have others from way back and they have faded, some have broken so yeh, may be time to replace them one at a time??
 photo 20180610_161156_zpsnlqxpypt.jpg
So that was that. I will get him active just wait and see, slowly...........

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

You are so cute Janice! Looks like you two had a good day! The flower farm was gorgeous! Love the photos of you near the water! Cute mushrooms! LOL! Big Hugs!