Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Sewing and birds today.............

Well we can't get out of the drive at the moment. Gerry did go out and cleaned up a bit and started to shovel at the end of the drive but its a lot of ice. Hard to break up. He gave up. I did want to go to the quilt store but ah well. I finished off a pair of pillow cases for Teal. I had kitty fabric that I didn't know what to do with. Then it occured to me, pillow cases. She likes cats so that's done.
 photo 20190213_132947_zps2g9mo59m.jpg
I did French seams to avoid fraying.
 photo 20190213_133040_zpsxti3mqsc.jpg
Then with two different fabrics I made a small bag, shoe bag? Toy bag? I don't know but it's quite sturdy because I did French seams on that as well.
 photo 20190213_142051_zpsatdwplth.jpg
 photo 20190213_142358_zps4bxyebsp.jpg
I am thinking they would be good for wrapping Christmas or birthday presents. I may make a few of those out of fat quarters. They may come in handy.
In between sewing I shoveled a path on the deck to get to the bird feeders. I made some fat balls for the woodpeckers. This beauty comes every day. So as the fat was done and he was resorting to eating from the feeder I got to work.
 photo 122_1166_zpsxkz6uyib.jpg
 photo 122_1158_zps3akiyejw.jpg
I got all the feeders full and put out bread. Funny thing is they love the bread. I was very surprised that the woodpecker liked the bread and went for that even when the fat was available
 photo 122_1159k_zpsnosvx6r9.jpg
 photo 122_1158j_zpswi9usg7h.jpg
 photo 122_1141_zpswgenmple.jpg
 photo 122_1157a_zpsbzny3d66.jpg
The Starlings come in as soon as they see food. They have to have scouts. I know the Blue Jays do. I also know their cry of "shes got the food out guys" So this Blue Jay got his prize but a Starling wanted it too.
 photo 122_1163j_zpspe2jgvcx.jpg
"I WANT THAT" says the Starling
 photo 122_1164_zpspl98dxke.jpg
The snow had began to melt back but it's back. The Bay has frozen over officially and more to come. I hope everyone thinks about the wild life. Feed those you can. Never mind the rules and regs........feed them.
So I wonder who scribbled on my recipe that was sitting on the counter? I was thinking of making bread. Hmmmmmm?
 photo 122_1169_zpsk0m7nots.jpg
I really need to get back on my diet, but it's impossible. Money is very tight and in any case I cant get to the store. Oh we have plenty on hand, it's just I need fresh veggies and fruit. Ah well........worry about that later God Willing.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

The bags look excellent Janice! I love them and speaking of love, your bird photos are always such a treat!!! Glad you can still read your recipe! LOL! Big Hugs!