Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Sewing Woes and Wonders.........................

I am not a good sewer. I am too impatient. I love the end results but wish they were perfect. I really do not have patience with much of anything really. I like to do things quick and hope they turn out well. I dislike fiddling with things and so I often do not get things just right. I envy people who do. They can measure and double measure and I tend to just slap things together and hope for the best. I know this about myself so why do I bother you may think. Well I just love making things. That simple.
So today's project should be easy but. Sigh......had a few rip outs an do overs because I was not paying attention. photo 20190219_112409_zpsuwrn586r.jpg
I am trying to use up fabric. Think I said that somewhere before. So I am making Haley a quilt and I had found fabric to go with what I already had. This is the combination.
 photo 20190219_140239_zpsv99qh286.jpg
So I thought the pink and white fabrics would make good bowl holders and pot holders to go with that when I am done.
 photo 20190219_140313_zpspdbnuck7.jpg
What can be easier than a simple potholder you may ask. Well if you don't get it square it wont come out right. So had to do some trimming up after the fact. Ended a tad smaller than intended. It was not a good day to sew but I am determined to get going on this stuff.
 photo 20190219_112409_zpsuwrn586r.jpg
Edna whacks out a whole bunch of these things and I know hers will be perfect. Maybe if I use one layer of batting it won't be so hard to wrangle.? Would it do the trick though? Probably. Maybe I will make me a couple of single layer ones and test them.
 photo 20190219_112440_zpspdcifske.jpg
 photo 20190219_140103_zpszcssqf1s.jpg
 photo 20190219_140313_zpspdbnuck7.jpg
I think I am going to have to get some backing fabric for the quilt and some batting oops. Another trip to the quilt store?
I must have something around but I don't think I do. I think I want black for the backing but I could use pink, neither of which I have.
So tomorrow I will start on the front of the quilt top and make sure I cut it out right.
Today I will throw some more fabrics together to make more bowl holders and hot pads. Tomorrow may go better.

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Well done Janice! They look priceless! I think you're doing great!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I am trying, thank you. It's been awhile and I had forgotten a lot. Lie how to get the dang needle in the machine after one broke haha