Wednesday, February 27, 2019

still snowing....................

It's snowing, what a surprise. While we stayed inside snug as bugs it was a blizzard like we have not seen in a very long time. Power out in the county and goodness the roads. Car pile ups all over the place. Hwy 2 in the UP was closed down and it took forever and lots of ploughs to clear it. That's the stretch that goes along the sand dunes on Lake Michigan.
Meanwhile we got about another foot. Lucky for us we had a couple of days of rain that washed it away, except that the snow froze under the rain. Staying inside was the best deal. I sewed. I am making some progress and enjoying it at last
Today though I will show some bird pictures.
Today there were 15 Blue Jays hanging out in the trees. I have never seen so many together.
 photo 122_1154j_zpsjdcwekao.jpg
This guy looks like he is saying come on down.............
 photo 122_1147h_zps3cxnnnx8.jpg
There guys were discussing the quality of the food.
 photo 122_1150f_zpsih0doacd.jpg
This one is saying "I got mine"
 photo 122_1200h_zpsgyejnvfj.jpg
Not so many Starlings today and so the Cardinal family showed up together.
 photo 122_1160h_zpsuzbbugkx.jpg
Mrs was hungry and stuck around more than he did.
 photo 122_1166k_zpsqkc8n7h2.jpg
 photo 122_1165k_zpsnorbhsva.jpg
She had a twinkle in her eye, does that mean spring is coming?
 photo 122_1185j_zpsbyxbrqlr.jpg
A lone Junco came.
 photo 122_1189j_zpsftodded1.jpg
 photo 122_1190h_zpsuehrrgly.jpg
I have been getting through a lot of bird food. There is so much snow I feel so bad for them. I saw rabbit tracks on the front porch and deck so will throw out some bread for later. I hope the Possum comes back. I think the snow has stopped for now. I am not sure what tomorrow will bring.
 photo 122_1206_zpsatysa0oy.jpg
The snow is just so pretty, the back yard is pretty full right now. The fence is buried.
 photo 122_1138_zpsudylz9vq.jpg
The trees look lovely. I would like to get out for a drive but not sure what the roads are like, they keep them pretty clear but when there's ice under or worse black ice, well I just don't like to be on them.
 photo 122_1143_zpsoo6xs0yg.jpg
Well I sure hope there is something better than the weather to talk about next time.

2 comments:

LV said...

Thankful we do not get snow like that in Texas. It is pretty but so dangerous as well. Take care.

Magic Love Crow said...

Wow, you got a lot of snow Janice! Thank you for the great bird photos! I truly love them!! Big Hugs!